Breast Augmentation Baton Rouge
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures to enlarge the size of the breasts. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jenna Bourgeois has provided countless women with beautiful results from their breast augmentation in the Baton Rogue area and is dedicated to ensuring the safety of all of her patients.
Good Candidates for Breast Augmentation
Excellent candidates for this procedure are women with small breasts, breast asymmetry, and patients with loss of volume after pregnancy, weight loss or aging. Inserting breast implants into the breasts increases their size, gives them a fuller appearance, and can make them appear rounder with enhanced contours.
If a patient suffers from breast asymmetry, implants can be used to give the breasts a symmetrical and attractive appearance.
What Patients are Saying
You are in great hands with Dr. Jenna Bourgeois! I had an amazing experience at Bourgeois Plastic Surgery and with Dr. Bourgeois for my breast augmentation. I chose Dr. Bourgeois because she really listened to what I wanted and I couldn’t be more pleased with my results. She is incredibly thorough as well as friendly and easy to reach with questions or concerns. When I come to the office for my follow up appointments, they are efficient and I hardly ever wait. I would highly recommend Dr. Bourgeois and I plan to use her for any future procedures.
Your Initial Consultation
During your initial consultation with Dr. Bourgeois, she will perform an evaluation of your overall health, perform a breast examination, take photographs for your medical record, and discuss risks, benefits, and potential complications of breast augmentation surgery.
Dr. Bourgeois can also address any questions or concerns you may have regarding the breast enlargement procedure during this consultation. She will also review before and after photos of other patients who have undergone placement of breast implants to give you a realistic idea of the results that are possible through surgery.
There are many decisions to consider when moving forward with breast augmentation surgery. Dr. Bourgeois will work together with you to help you make an informed decision. Her goal is to provide the best cosmetic results possible for you.
- Placement of the incision for breast augmentation which can be inframammary (in the natural crease that runs underneath the breast) or peri-areolar (around the lower half of the areola). Both incisions are designed to make it difficult to spot any post-surgical scars.
- Placement of the implant under the pectoralis major muscle or under the breast tissue. For most of my patients, I place the implants under the muscle.
- Implant size is a very important consideration. While many women benefit from large breast implants, small breast implants can sometimes be the better option, and the best breast implants for you will depend on factors like your frame and proportions. I will take measurements of your chest wall, breasts, and skin quality. We will combine this information with your aesthetic goals and will try on breast implant sizers during your consultation.
- Implant profile refers to the distance of projection from the chest wall and affects the overall dimensions of the breasts. Low, medium, and high profile breast implants are available.
- In some cases, patients pair a breast lift and implants for a procedure called the breast augmentation with lift. Also known as augmentation mastopexy, this surgery reduces sag, increases perkiness, and enlarges size and projection.
- The final decision is whether silicone or saline breast implants should be used. During our visit, I will show you both silicone and saline implants in different implant profiles and we will review shaped and cohesive devices. Gummy bear implants are a popular type of silicone breast implant filled with a highly cohesive silicone gel that retains its shape after a rupture.
What to Expect During Surgery
Breast augmentation is a safe and effective procedure. It is performed by placing silicone or saline implants behind the existing breasts through carefully made incisions. Breast augmentation will increase the breast size, but will not significantly change the position of the nipple and areola on the breast.
Dr. Bourgeois performs most of her breast augmentations in our outpatient surgery center located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Breast augmentation is typically performed under general anesthesia in combination with local anesthetics. Most of Dr. Bourgeois’s patients are very comfortable after surgery and few require more than a day or two of pain medication. Following Dr. Bourgeois’s post-surgical care directions closely ensures a more comfortable recovery process.
Breast Augmentation Cost
The price of a breast augmentation is dependent upon a number of factors. The cost of the breast implants, the amount of time required to perform the surgery, the anesthesia, and the exact techniques employed all impact the overall cost of the procedure.
Contact Our Office
To learn more about the specific types of implant procedures and which one may be right for you, or if you would like to schedule a consultation for your breast augmentation in Baton Rouge with Dr. Bourgeois, contact Bourgeois Plastic Surgery today. Our goal is to provide you with beautiful and natural-looking results.
To view a video about breast augmentation, click here.